Tests for foreign candidates

If you are a student in a Belgian establishment, you can take driving tests in Belgium on condition that you are a national of a country that is part of the Schengen area.

When you take your theoretical and practical tests, bring your foreign identity card with you as well as a certificate issued by your local municipality office. This certificate with a municipality letter header mentions your name, surname, date of birth and titular holder number.

If you are not a student, you need to have a valid identity document, issued in Belgium. To find out if your identity document will be accepted, we suggest you contact your local council offices.

Without these documents, the test cannot take place.

A foreign theory test is not valid in Belgium.